Jennifer Yu graduated from the Shanghai Foreign Language Institute, where she majored in English Literature. She has been an ESL teacher for over four decades, teaching in China and also teaching Chinese at the Peking Language School in New York City. Currently, she dedicates her time to promoting culture through Chinese language learning and writing Chinese e-books for children and adults.
Her major publications include:
- In 1986, "How to Deliver a Lecture in China" was published by the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) in the USA.
- In 1989, "Technical Writing and Presentation" was published by General Science Publisher in Beijing, China.
- In 2006, "JJ Easy English" was published by Rebound Studio in the USA.
- In 2007, "Sam Easy English" was published by a Chinese TV Education Publisher in Beijing, China.
- In 2010, "Practical English for Chinese Restaurants" was published by Huawen Publishing USA, Inc. in New York.
- In 2014, "KK Phonetics" was published by a Taiwan National Publisher.
- In the same year, "A Key to the U.S. Citizenship Test" was published in the USA.
- In 2020, "J.J. Easy Chinese - Six Basic Chinese Strokes" was self-published by K.D.P. in the USA.
- In 2021, "J.J. Easy Chinese - Developed Chinese Strokes A" was also self-published by K.D.P. in the USA.