The Basic Rules of Writing Chinese
1. Write héng before shù: horizonal stroke before vertical. For example: "十" .
4. Write héng before piě. For example:”左”
6. "The door is closed last". For examle: “ 口”
7. Write the outside before inside. For examle:日 (rì, means sun)
9. When a horizontal stroke is in the middle, write the horizontal stroke last "子".
10. These rules should be applied flexibly. For example, rule 1 is horizonal stroke before vertical, but the character “上” is written with vertical stroke first which follows rule 5: Write left first and then right “